I did a little benchmarking to compare our lightning fast SATA VPS host machines vs our even faster SSD VPS host machines. And guess what, SSD is faster (shocking!) but with an interesting wrinkle…
Our Data Center. Our Solar Parking Structure. Power provided by the Sun.
Construction on our 20kW solar parking structure starts next week. Solar Hosting! Very exciting.
We’re pleased to announce that we’ve fully automated our LetsEncrypt SSL installation process for all of our Managed VPS customers.
What does this mean? This means that every Brownrice Managed VPS customer receives UNLIMITED FREE SSL certificates for every web site on any Managed Brownrice VPS. Forever!
And the other great thing about this is that our SSL process is 100% seamless and 100% automated. How seamless and automated you ask?
- Sign up for a Brownrice Managed SmartVPS ($9.95 w/ 1GB RAM & 40GB disk)
- Login to responsive, fantastic dashboard and set up new web site by clicking a few buttons.
- Point DNS to your new web site (i.e. make it live!) by clicking a couple more buttons.
- Wait 1 hour.
- Done. (SSL certificate issued and site secured without email verification.)
Repeat above steps 2 through 3 for as many sites and subdomains as you like. Zero additional charges.
No hands SSL!
By the way this SSL certificate will be renewed every three months, automatically, without you touching a thing.
Want to start? Sign up here and we’ll have your VPS up and running in minutes!
(More questions? See our SSL FAQ.)
After a full year in development and testing Brownrice Internet has just released our revolutionary VPS Auto-Tune Service.
What is VPS Auto-Tune and why do you need it?
One of the secrets of hosting companies and systems administrators world-wide is that web and database servers that are left in their default configurations run horribly slow.
Both positions are full-time, on-site positions in our Taos offices and are available for the right candidates to start immediately. If you know of someone that may be interested feel free to forward them this email. They can send their resume firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Hosting Tech Support
– $30k to $60k per year with benefits.
– In addition to experience with hosting this person must have great phone and email skills as well as real-work HTML/PHP and Linux experience.
Web Programmer with Sysadmin Skills
– $40k to $100k per year with benefits.
See details for both positions here:
We’ve doubled the amount of RAM that all of our VPS customers receive, and tripled the amount of disk space that they receive. Free. No charge.